Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mermaid Girl









1. Sweater, $3, Thrifted
2. Sea Foam Dress, $40, eBay
3. Black Archie Oxfords, $125, Deandri
4. Cat Ear Headband, $10, Urban Outfitters
5. White Belt, ~$10, Forever 21
6. Mermaid Hair, ~$8, Punky Colour (Alpine Green and Turquoise)

If I was a brunette with a scaly fishtail, I don't think I would feel like a mermaid. It takes a head full of shiny, ocean blue hair to make me want to burst into a song about how great life under the sea is.

I recently combined two colors (Punky Colour in Alpine Green and Turquoise) to get this awesome mermaid hair. If I blur my eyes and look at it, I feel like I'm underwater. I've never been so in love with a color in my life.

Apart from staring at my hair all day, I had the privilege of trading some of my jewelry for some Deandri shoes, which I'm wearing in these photos! Deanna, the owner/designer of Deandri, contacted me on Instagram and asked me if I wanted to trade. I got to visit her awesome showroom in downtown L.A. and pick out these shoes! And even though I didn't get to go to Coachella, at least Deanna was able to wear my jewelry there.

I got this dress on eBay and I'm in love with it! It actually has this really cool lace skull on the back, but I couldn't get a good photo of it, and I was way too lazy to take my bra off for the photo. Stupid bra straps always getting in the way of everything. Everything! I really hate bras. I wish I could just wear pasties everyday. I could have a pair of pasties for every outfit. I bet I could even find mermaid pasties.

I don't think I've ever used the word "pasties" this many times in a paragraph. Or ever.

Pasties.

Okay, I should probably go to bed now.


2 comments: